At The Venny children can crawl through tunnels, play with animals, walk on stilts, jump on trampolines, dig the veggie patch, cook a nutritious meal, climb trees and sing at the tops of their voices. It’s fun, it’s creative, it’s messy and it’s a little bit chaotic, but it’s exactly what childhood should be.
The Venny is a supervised playground and communal backyard located adjacent to the Kensington public housing estate in Melbourne’s inner North. It is a unique community space that supports intercultural play, therapeutic support and social cohesion.
Children are free to come and go and participate in self-directed play.
The Venny delivers early intervention and prevention programs that build children’s resilience. With this support, children are able to maintain their engagement in education, form stable relationships and develop positive community connections.
Please donate and help The Venny deliver programs and services that have real impact on the lives of children.
By donating to The Venny:
- You help us design and deliver excellent early intervention and prevention programs that meet the needs of children who come to The Venny
- You support interventions that change the lives of at risk children
- You strengthen the local community
- You contribute to the maintenance and revitalisation of a wonderful communal backyard
- You validate the development of therapeutic play practices in Australia
You can make a one-off donation or become a regular donor
Bank Account Name: The Venny Inc.
Account Number: 155730039
Cheques can be made payable to ‘The Venny Inc.’ and sent to PO Box 1140,
Kensington VIC 3031
Thank you for your generous contribution.
All donations are tax deductable.
The Venny is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient under Subdivision 30-BA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.