As The Venny provides services for children under the age of 18, as such The Venny Inc recognises its responsibility and its commitment to child safety, protecting children from harm and being an organisation that provides a safe space for children.
The Venny is committed to:
• Promoting and protecting the best interest of children.
• Safeguarding children who are participating in The Venny programs including on and off site activities.
• The safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
• Preventing child abuse and identifying risk early, and removing and reducing these risks.
• Regularly training and educating and staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
• The cultural safety of Aboriginal children, and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse background, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
The Venny supports and respects all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. All children, regardless of their gender, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation, family or social background have equal rights to protection from abuse, harm or mistreatment.
The Venny has:
• Zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our policies and procedures.
• Legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we have reasonable concern about a child’s safety or reasonable believe that a child has been abused or harmed, which we follow rigorously.
• Robust human resources and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers.
• Policies, procedures and training in place that support out leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.
Every person working at, volunteering or participating in The Venny’s programs are responsible for the care and protection of the children within our care and reporting information about suspected child abuse or harm of children and young people. The Venny is aware of the Victorian Government’s mandatory reporting obligations and associated legislation. A Childs safety is a shared responsibility between The Venny, its staff, volunteers, contractors, patrons and members of The Venny’s community.
If you believe a child or young person is at immediate risk of abuse or harm, please contact David Kutcher on (03) 9376 0589 or Emergency services on 000