It’s the Venny’s 40th Birthday! For 40 years we have been providing a safe and supervised place for Children to play. We have changed a lot since we started in 1981, from being only a fire pit and loose parts, to the old Venny building, and now to the wonderful shipping container house we call home.
Over the past 40 years we have built things as well as pulled them down, cooked hundreds of sausage and cheese toasties, Cut and picked all kinds of fruit, played with all kinds of animals (goats, chickens, and ducks to name a few), replaced a few trampoline mats and created hundreds of beautiful paintings and artwork. But The Venny wouldn’t be The Venny without the children and community and we believe it is as much your birthday to celebrate as ours!
That’s why we need your help! We need to you help us Celebrate, Reflect and Grow!
How you can get involved:
- We would love to hear about your memories at The Venny. Please complete this form with your favourite memory. If you can’t decide on only one memory, please fill it our multiple times. We want to hear everyone’s experience of The Venny and share it with the world!
- Attend our community 40th celebration day at The Venny on the 28th of May, 12.30pm-5pm. We are inviting all current and past Venny kids, Parents, Community and Funders to celebrate!
- Save the date for our Night at The Venny event (Sorry kids adults only) on Thursday the 17th of November. We want Venny alumni and all big people to gather and celebrate our birthday. (Tickets and details to follow closer to the date)
- Put your name down to volunteer at The Venny and let us know how you can help!
- We want to continue to provide play for the next 40 years. Help us to raise $60,000 so we can continue to provide support and play for years to come. Help us by Donating now or share with friends and family.
We want to thank everyone who has helped us over the past 40 years including funders, volunteers, board members, staff, parents, Community, artists, and many many more. But most importantly we want to thank the Children over the past 40 years who have helped us build and design The Venny to make it what it is today.